We had our Annual Community Release last Sunday…What a turn out!
SCWA sets aside about 1500 hatchery raised fish for community involvement. We are happy to announce that we saw 700-800 people come out to let the littles release the salmon into the Nechako River.
A special shout out to:
- Swift Water Rescue guys, Mike Cartwright and Dan Pollard for standing by to ensure safe
- Rio-Tinto for the donation of backpacks, pencils and all things loved by kids
- Save-On-Foods for the donation of buns and drinks
- Superstore for the donation of buns and drinks
- RNL Plastering for the donation of propane
- Noodlebox, NY Fries and Mr. Pretzel for the donation of the condiments.